Actually although as you pointed out that the chances to have an sha256
collision is minimal, but still it can happen, that would mean
that the dedup algorithm discards a block that he thinks is a duplicate.
Probably it's anyway better to do a byte to byte comparison
if the hashes match to be sure that the blocks are really identical.

The funny thing here is that ZFS tries to solve all sorts of data integrity
issues with checksumming and healing, etc.,
and on the other hand a hash collision in the dedup algorithm can cause
loss of data if wrongly configured.

Anyway thanks that you have brought up the subject, now I know if I will
enable the dedup feature I must set it to sha256,verify.