> > Also keep in mind that if you have an SLOG (ZIL on a separate
> > device), and then lose this SLOG (disk crash etc), you will probably
> > lose the pool. So if you want/need SLOG, you probably want two of
> > them in a mirror…
>
> That's only true on older versions of ZFS. ZFSv19 (or 20?) includes
> the ability to import a pool with a failed/missing log device. You
> lose any data that is in the log and not in the pool, but the pool is
> importable.

Are you sure? I booted this v28 pool a couple of months back, and found it
didn't recognize its pool, apparently because of a missing SLOG. It turned out
the cache shelf was disconnected, after re-connecting it, things worked as
planned. I didn't try to force a new import, though, but it didn't boot up
normally, and told me it couldn't import its pool due to lack of SLOG devices.

Vennlige hilsener / Best regards

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk