On 08/13/2012 03:02 AM, Scott wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a 5 disk raidz array in a state of disrepair.  Suffice to say three
> disks are ok, while two are missing all their labels.  (Both ends of the
> disks were overwritten).  The data is still intact.

There are 4 labels on a zfs-labeled disk, two at the start and two at
the end. Have all been overwritten?

> Unfortunately I don't have a zpool.cache either.
>
> Is there a way to reconstruct the labels using the infomration from the 3
> valid disks?

The simple answer is: no, without labels those disks are toast.

The more complicated answer: the labels contain the root block pointer
to the root of the filesystem tree on the given device. Without it you
don't know where to start looking for many of the top-level structures
needed to begin making sense of the data on the disk.

--
Saso