> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Ariel T. Glenn
>
> I have the same issue as described by Ned in his email.  I had a zfs
> recv going that deadlocked against a zfs list; after a day of leaving
> them hung I finally had to hard reset the box (shutdown wouldn't, since
> it couldn't terminate the processes).  When it came back up, I wanted to
> zfs destroy that last snapshot but I got the dreaded

For what it's worth - that is precisely the behavior I saw.  No "zfs" or
"zpool" commands would return, and eventually the system hung badly enough I
had to power cycle.  And afterward, I was unable to destroy either the
filesystem, the snapshot, or any clones.  I posted here, didn't get any
response...  And at some point, I "zfs send" my filesystem somewhere else,
destroy & recreate the pool, "zfs send" the filesystem back.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2012-September/052412.html