> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Paul van der Zwan
>
> What was c5t2 is now c7t1 and what was c4t1 is now c5t2.
> Everything seems to be working fine, it's just a bit confusing.

That ... Doesn't make any sense.  Did you reshuffle these while the system was
powered on or something?

sudo devfsadm -Cv
sudo zpool export datapool
sudo zpool export homepool
sudo zpool import -a
sudo reboot -p

The normal behavior is:  During the import, or during the reboot when the
filesystem gets mounted, zfs searches the available devices in the system for
components of a pool.  I don't see any way the devices reported by "zpool
status" wouldn't match the devices reported by "format."  Unless, as you say,
it's somehow overridden by the cache file.