Can anyone explain to me what the openindiana-1 filesystem is all about?  I
thought it was the "backup" copy of the openindiana filesystem, when you apply
OS updates, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

I have time-slider enabled for rpool/ROOT/openindiana.  It has a daily snapshot
(amongst others).  But every day when the new daily snap is taken, the old
daily snap rotates into the rpool/ROOT/openindiana-1 filesystem.  This is
messing up my cron-scheduled "zfs send" script - which detects that the
rpool/ROOT/openindiana filesystem no longer has the old daily snapshot, and
therefore has no snapshot in common with the receiving system, and therefore
sends a new full backup every night.

To make matters more confusing, when I run "mount" and when I zfs get all |
grep -i mount, I see / on rpool/ROOT/openindiana-1

It would seem, I shouldn't be backing up openindiana, but instead, backup
openindiana-1?  I would have sworn, out-of-the-box, there was no openindiana-1.
 Am I simply wrong?

My expectation is that rpool/ROOT/openindiana should have lots of snaps
available...  3 frequent: one every 15 mins, 23 hourly: one every hour, 6
daily: one every day, 4 weekly: one every 7 days, etc.

I checked to ensure auto-snapshot service is enabled.  I checked svccfg to
ensure I understood the correct interval, keep, and period (as described above.)

I have the expected behavior (as I described, the expected behavior according
to my expectations) on rpool/export/home/eharvey...  But the behavior is
different on rpool/ROOT/openindiana, even though, as far as I can tell, I have
the same settings for both.  That is, simply, com.sun:auto-snapshot=true

One more comment - I recall, when I first configured time-slider, they have a
threshold, default 80% pool used before they automatically bump off old
snapshots (or stop taking new snaps, I'm not sure what the behavior is).  I
don't see that setting anywhere I look, using svccfg or zfs get.

My pools are pretty much empty right now.  Nowhere near the 80% limit.