> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Karl Wagner
>
> I can only speak anecdotally, but I believe it does.
>
> Watching zpool iostat it does read all data on both disks in a mirrored
> pair.
>
> Logically, it would not make sense not to verify all redundant data.
> The point of a scrub is to ensure all data is correct.

Same for me.

Think about it:  When you write some block, it computes parity bits, and writes
them to the redundant parity disks.  When you later scrub the same data, it
wouldn't make sense to do anything other than repeating this process, to verify
all the disks including parity.

  • [zfs-discuss] Scr... Jim Klimov
    • Re: [zfs-dis... Karl Wagner
      • Re: [zfs... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
        • Re: ... Jim Klimov
          • ... Edward Ned Harvey (opensolarisisdeadlongliveopensolaris)
          • ... Timothy Coalson
            • ... Jim Klimov
              • ... Karl Wagner
                • ... Jim Klimov