Hello Gregg,

I acquired one of these

Intel RAID Controller Card SATA/SAS PCI-E x8 8internal ports (SASUC8I)

from your newegg link below, and then acquired the necessary cables to
get everything hooked up.  After multiple executions of devfsadm and
reconfigure boots, the OS see's one of my 4 drives.  The drives are 2 TB
Seagate drives.

Did you need to do anything special to get your card to work correctly?
 Did you need to do a firmware upgrade or anything?

I am running an up-to-date version of OpenIndiana b151a7.

Thank you,

Jerry