I look after a remote server that has two iSCSI pools. The volumes for each pool are sparse volumes and a while back the target's storage became full, causing weird and wonderful corruption issues until they manges to free some space.

Since then, one pool has been reasonably OK, but the other has terrible performance receiving snapshots. Despite both iSCSI devices using the same IP connection, iostat shows one with reasonable service times while the other shows really high (up to 9 seconds) service times and 100% busy. This kills performance for snapshots with many random file removals and additions.

I'm currently zero filling the bad pool to recover space on the target storage to see if that improves matters.

Has anyone else seen similar behaviour with previously degraded iSCSI pools?

--
Ian.