I seem to have managed to end up with a pool that is confused abut its children
disks.  The pool is faulted with corrupt metadata:

  pool: d
 state: FAULTED
status: The pool metadata is corrupted and the pool cannot be opened.
action: Destroy and re-create the pool from
        a backup source.
   see: http://illumos.org/msg/ZFS-8000-72
  scan: none requested
config:

        NAME                     STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        d                        FAULTED      0     0     1
          raidz1-0               FAULTED      0     0     6
            da1                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            3419704811362497180  OFFLINE      0     0     0  was /dev/da2
            da3                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            da4                  ONLINE       0     0     0
            da5                  ONLINE       0     0     0

But if I look at the labels on all the online disks I see this:

# zdb -ul /dev/da1 | egrep '(children|path)'
        children[0]:
            path: '/dev/da1'
        children[1]:
            path: '/dev/da2'
        children[2]:
            path: '/dev/da2'
        children[3]:
            path: '/dev/da3'
        children[4]:
            path: '/dev/da4'

But the offline disk (da2) shows the older correct label:

        children[0]:
            path: '/dev/da1'
        children[1]:
            path: '/dev/da2'
        children[2]:
            path: '/dev/da3'
        children[3]:
            path: '/dev/da4'
        children[4]:
            path: '/dev/da5'

zpool import -F doesnt help because none of the labels on the unfaulted disks
seem to have the right label.  And unless I can import the pool I cant replace
the bad drive.

Also zpool seems to really not want to import a raidz1 pool with one faulted
drive even though that should be readable.  I have read about the undocumented
-V option but dont know if that would help.

I got into this state when i noticed the pool was DEGRADED and was trying to
replace the bad disk.   I am debugging it under FreeBSD 9.1

Suggestions of things to try welcome, Im more interested in learning what went
wrong than restoring the pool.  I dont think I should have been able to go from
one offline drive to a unrecoverable pool this easily.

-jg