I am trying to replace a failed disk on my zfs system.
I replaced the disk and while the physical drive status is now OK, my logical
drive is still failed.
When I do a zpool status, the new disk comes up as unavailable:
            spare       DEGRADED     0     0     0
              c9t17d0   UNAVAIL      0     0     0  cannot open
              c9t23d0   ONLINE       0     0     0

And when I try to replace the disk I get the following errors:

root@xxxxxx:/usr/local/scripts# zpool online data c9t17d0
warning: device 'c9t17d0' onlined, but remains in faulted state
use 'zpool replace' to replace devices that are no longer present

root@xxxxx:/usr/local/scripts# zpool replace data c9t17d0
cannot open 'c9t17d0': no such device in /dev/dsk
must be a full path or shorthand device name

This is the second disk I have used as a replacement and I am getting the same
errors with both new disks.  I am new to all of this and am NOT a sys admin!
Please help!