Hello Associates,

*INFORMIX DBA Security Consultant *

*Westlake Village**, CA***

*Start Date:  02/06/2009 *

*Short Description: *

Informix Database Security and Logging Expert

*Complete Description: *

   - We are seeking an individual who has the familiarity with the specified
   database and the state of the industry for securing said system.
   - Knowledge of the database configuration relevant to security and the
   performance impact and tradeoffs are required skills.
   - Individuals who are certified, who can provide examples of past work
   (suitable sanitized is ok), and who have extensive background in this area
   will receive preference.
   - A strong background and solid work examples beat a freshly minted
   certificate.
   - A strong background, a certificate, and work samples beat just a strong
   background, etc…..
   - Must be aware of methods of sending the generated logs to a remote
   collector, either via udp or tcp syslog, or be able to recommend an
   alternate remove collector that would allow for interfacing with such
   destination devices.
   - Examples might include splunk, snare, etc.
   - If performance needs indicate a requirement, must be able to provide a
   recommendation for a product to gather the desired and required database
   security logs from the network via a tap or other appropriate method to
   gather the logs

*Examples of duties will be:*

   - · Determine what logs are currently being generated by the databases
   which are relevant to security.
   - · Determine what logs are not being generated, but which must be
   generated to comply with the industry best practices to facilitate database
   security monitoring.
   - · Determine what logs are not being generated, but which are desirable,
   but not necessary to industry best practices in database security
   monitoring.
   - · Provide a recommendation to the group on which products are a good
   fit for the environment. Such a recommendation should include: an analysis
   of the proposed costs, and nature of the logs gathered, as well as the
   security benefits this provides.

*What this boils down to is:*

1. The individual should be able to tell us what the system should be
sending, and then review the existing configuration with our DBA to generate
a report on what is not being generated.

2. The individual would provide a recommendation of how and why the log are
delivered to our analysis network

Skill Required / Desired Amount of Experience  Expertise Rating

*Informix Security Knowledge  Required      Intermediate *

*Informix Log Knowledge  Required      Intermediate *

*Informix Security Knowledge  Highly desired      Expert *

*Informix Log Knowledge  Highly desired      Expert *

Thanks & Regards,
Fazal Mahmood I Technical Recruiter
Kolansoft, INC
(: 201-484-0340

Fax 7:201-656-6696

*: fa...@kolansoftinc.com

Yahoo IMJ: fazal_kolansoft

Website: http://www.kolansoft.net

If you are not interested in receiving our e-mails then please reply with a
"REMOVE" in the subject line and mention all the e-mail addresses to be
removed with any e-mail addresses, which might be diverting the e-mails to
you. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.