Hi,

> In that thread you mentioned Workflowy having both @ and # tags, which is
> something I'd love to have in Zim.
> It seems like it should be easy to do as a little plugin, but I'm not a
> programmer* so maybe not.
Yes, me, too ☺
What I have seen so far, this needs some restructuring in the tags plugin, the
tasklist plugin and the main pageview incl. some database changes.
I will try to take care of it when I’ve completed the autocompletion plugin
hoping that I’ve understood Python and the Zim structure good enough to manage
that ;)

> I'd also love to see previews in tag searches (for example of the line the
> tag is on), but that sounds harder.

Not sure, which search you are referring to. The main search or the tasklist
search? What would you like to preview?

>I don't know how other people place their tags, but I often put them near the
>content they apply to (as opposed to all together at page bottom or top).

I created a template where I have this structure:

====== M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Participants ===
@Murat                                              <-- That’s why I’d like to
differentiate between people tags and other tags
@Colin

=== Contexts ===
@Autocompletion
@ZimWiki

== My meeting with Colin about zim wiki tags ==
__________________

·         My meeting notes

·         And other notes

[ ] I need to complete autocompletion [d:2014-07-30] @Murat !!!

·         Also look into # and @ tags if possible

o   @Colin likes this feature as well
__________________

Additional note, which could give you some additional ideas:

Whenever I happen to bump into something which is discussed more often in
several meetings I ‘export’ this topic
into a sub page (e.g. 001-OngoingTopics-ZimWiki) below the main page (e.g. :
004-0060-ZimWiki) and adding links between each other

So my tree looks like this:

004-Projects
                004-0060-ZimWiki
                               001-OngoingTopics-ZimWiki
                                               T001-Autocompletion
                               M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki

With this content:

====== 001-OngoingTopics-ZimWiki ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Contexts ===
@ZimWiki
@001-OngoingTopics

                ====== T001-Autocompletion ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Contexts ===
@Autocompletion
@ZimWiki
__________________

LINK: M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki

[ ] I need to complete autocompletion [d:2014-07-30] @Murat !!!

·         Also look into # and @ tags if possible

o   @Colin likes this feature as well
__________________

====== M001-2014-07-16-ZimWiki ======
Created Friday 30 May 2014

=== Participants ===
@Murat
@Colin

=== Contexts ===
@Autocompletion
@ZimWiki

== My meeting with Colin about zim wiki tags ==

·         My meeting notes

·         And other notes

=== Ongoing Topics ===
LINK: T001-Autocompletion