That is almost word for word what this bookstore owner friend told me. I guess I
was just a little slow getting the news.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [smile] This urban legend will consist of a reworking of the
> LDS printing of the standard works, with some revised
> headers and BD entries.  The TG is also being reviewed.
> This project has been underway for some time now.
>
> I first heard about this two years ago from sources I deem
> to be reliable, but who were not at liberty to publicly discuss
> the project.
>
> The new pictures in current editions of the scriptures are a
> part of the project.
>
> So, since there will be a reprinting in the next year or so, the
> existing stock of the expensive versions is being allowed
> to deplete, with the distribution center being given priority
> on the ones that are still left.
>
> After all, it has been over 20 years now since they came
> out.  And to think I still see even older copies at Church on
> Sunday.  Some members have really missed out.
>
> Larry Jackson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have both the pre-1980 and post-1980 versions of the Bible. The newer one is
large print, which I can use for teaching. But I keep the older one because it
was a particularly nicely bound type that they don't seem to make anymore (real
calfskin) and it was a gift from my mother as I was headed off down the road
south to Salt Lake and Provo. It's got a lot of scripture marking in it, and I
tend to remember things visually, so I'll often prefer the older one for that
reason. Just call me a sentimental old fogey.

--
Marc A. Schindler

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
--Michelangelo Buonarroti