Stephen Beecroft wrote:

> -Marc-
> > Let me ask you the same question I've been asking others, than. If
> > the criteria that the U.S. are using were to be applied to other
> > countries in the area, a much better case could be made for
> > invading Pakistan. Yet instead the US pours billions into military
> > aid for Pakistan. Why the difference?
>
> I don't know.

That doesn't seem to stop you from having strong opinions on the issue. Or am I
misreading you?

> > When someone sees this difference, is it any wonder that one asks
> > whether there's more here than meets the eye?
>
> No.

You're not the least bit curious?

> > There is nothing here that I have said regarding corrupt governments
>
> No, I believe either Mark or I introduced that term. I also do not
> believe I claimed that you had done so.
>
> > You do have a sense of fairness. So does everyone in every country
> > I've ever been to. It's what constitutes "fair" that begs the
> > question. Different people put emphasis on different values and
> > situations.
>
> True enough, but that's beside the point, which was that Elder Nelson
> was not making a pointed condemnation of the US actions against Iraq,
> despite yours and John's opinion to the contrary.

That is not my opinion, as I've already shown. I don't mind taking heat for what
I've said or written, but I get my knickers in a knot when I'm taken to task for
what someone *thinks* I've written.

--
Marc A. Schindler

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and
falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
--Michelangelo Buonarroti