Paul Osborne wrote:

> My point was two fold. If Bush was indeed a Gadianton as JWR says he is
> it would be a sad and sorry thing for President Hinkley to vote for him.
> That would really bother me quite a bit. O boy O boy!

I'm not sure I see that, but I won't argue the point.

> Second, it would be nice to vote for the same candidate as the prophet
> does. That's the best choice if you ask me. So, who all on this list
> voted for Bush?

Now this is an interesting thought. Do you really think this follows? (that the
prophet's personal vote should, if it were known, be the example for the rest of
us?) And how do you handle the fact that in any case this *can* only apply to a
minority of LDS, since most LDS are not US?

--
Marc A. Schindler

“We do not think that there is an incompatibility between words and deeds; the
worst thing is to rush into action before the consequences have been properly
debated…To think of the future and wait was merely another way of saying one was
a coward; any idea of moderation was just an attempt to disguise one’s unmanly
character; ability to understand a question from all sides meant that one was
totally unfitted for action.” – Pericles about his fellow-Athenians, as quoted by
Thucydides in “The Peloponessian Wars”