After much pondering, Gary Smith favored us with:
Would you say that the Nephites and Capt Moroni should then have trudged
into Lamanite territory and totally obliterated the enemy? Or was their
defensive war a villanous thing to do? This sounds totally opposite what
you have been saying concerning the possible upcoming war with Iraq. We
just see it differently.
Come on, Gary. Surely you can see the difference between deciding the question of whether or not we should go to war, and how we conduct it once we are involved in one. I have repeatedly said that we should have stayed home and not gone to fight in Korea. That is exactly what I have said about Iraq. But once we decide to go to war, we have an obligation to our fighting men to win a victory. Anything less, is a betrayal of them and our whole nation.

If we go to war with Iraq again, and let Saddam off again as we did the last time. I will be just as disgusted as I am about Korea. We should stay out of it, and if we don't, we should finished it with an overwhelming and complete victory. These "limited" wars like Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq are evil wars. They trivialize war, and slaughter good people on both sides to no good purpose.

Jon, to you and all those in favor of going to war with Saddam, remember that Iraq is not a democracy. When we kill ten of thousands and hundreds of thousand of Iraqis without killing Saddam, we are killing people who are forced to fight, people who would refuse to fight if they could. They don't deserve to die no matter how offensive Saddam is. They are trapped in a situation not of their own making. We have no right to kill them unless they are a direct threat to our own population.

I know. I know. I'm just wasting my breath. I should give a squat about all those hundreds of thousands who are going to die through no fault of their own. And it shouldn't bother me that it is my own country that is going to perpetrate this atrocity.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to
ask is if they ever press charges. --Jack Handy

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///