Yesterday I posted a little note on "Gossip" but somehow Natasha hasn't
got it yet.  If it doesn't make the list by Monday I'll repost.

Today G stands for Garden. I thought about this as I was leaving the
temple this morning after doing 3 endowment sessions.  Come to think of
it the morning was spent by the time I left the temple, so correct that
to 'this afternoon'.

Anyway G stands for garden.  That wonderful place where if we will just
put the right conditions into place the Lord will provide a miracle. In
a garden you must prepare the soil, water it, fertilize it and protect
it from infestations of weeds. (One of my favorite rhyming axioms; A man
of words and not of deeds is like a garden full of weeds.")  And a
garden needs rest.  Mine is resting under two feet of snow just now. But
in a few months, if I do my part the Lord will produce the great miracle
of new life and beauty (I'm a flower man as much as a vegetable raiser.
Another verse:  Mistress Mary, quite contrary, how does your garden
grow?) How does your garden grow? If you put the conditions right, God
will provide you a miracle of new life and beauty.

Each of us is a garden waiting to produce beautiful flowers, sweet fruit
and wholesome food, if we will just put the conditions right. Storms and
droughts and whirlwinds may set us back for a season, but over a
lifetime a lot of great produce can come from any well kept garden... or
from any well ordered life that allows God to direct it.

Tom

"I just pretend I'm a princess, and that I could summarily have her
executed at any time according to my own pleasure.  It gives me great
comfort!" (The Little Princess)