The definition given of a Son of Perdition is a person who has received a high level
of understanding of the gospel, then not only fully denies it, but seeks to commit
evil. Cain is the perfect example. He held the priesthood, spoke with God, then turned
completely against God.

It isn't a matter of someone refusing to repent of some sins. It is a matter of
becoming God's total enemy, which most people in the world will never do. Even most
murderers and adulterers keep some commandments and believe in God. They don't totally
reject the light and truth, since they have not received a fulness of that light and
truth, so they could never become a son of perdition.

I would venture that of the 11+ million members in the Church today, less than 25,000
are spiritual and enlightened enough to ever risk being a son of perdition.  And there
are no non-members that could ever qualify.

In fact, the only person we know of a surety is a son of perdition is Cain. Even Judas
Iscariot probably did not qualify, as he had not received the Gift of the Holy Ghost
and a true conversion.  There will be, as I understand it, a major gathering of sons
of perdition at the end of the Millennium, as Satan gathers his people out from those
with a full witness of Christ.  But in all reality, most of those choosing to be sons
of perdition, chose to do so prior to this world.

K'aya K'ama
Gerald Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://www.geocities.com/rameumptom/
Freedom Forever