Redefining things is exactly what this problem does not need.  We have
arrived at the present situation because a very few vocal malcontents
decided that definitions that successfuly accomodated the cultural
interests of the civil majority for the past ten centuries now suddenly
don't cater to their particular tastes, and therefore must be discarded.

Blackstone's Commentaries effectively outlines the philosophy and basis
for English common law from seventeenth and eighteenth century England,
which also served as the foundational basis for establishing eighteenth
century colonial laws in the US.  Where we have departed from this
historic common-sense approach in response to demands of a few vocal
dissidents, the application of sound legal principles has suffered.  But
it seems things have never been so badly off the track as they are now.

We now have many situations where the purported legal "right" to moral
depravity overrules decency and common sense.  The inmates have truly
taken over the asylum.  The solution is to restore and respect the
traditional definitions that have served the interests of the majority
for hundreds of years, not to invent new ones that attempt to serve the
demands of a miserable few.  This will always be a futile pursuit.  In
the case of those who wish to engage in homosexual behavior, it is
obvious that being "married" will never grant them what they crave.  As
Alma asserts, "wickedness never was happiness".