Just because a judge is an activist judge, does not make him a
thoughtful one. Nor does it make him right. Nor does it mean he is
following the Constitution.  If they were to gage Constitutionality by
the standard set by our Founding Fathers, they would have no question on
the issue of homosexuality. In fact, they probably would have to
reinstitute laws against it!

It is my belief that the prophecy sometimes given to Joseph Smith, but
definitely stated by Pres Benson, that the Constitution would hang by a
thread and if it is to be saved it will be by the Elders of Israel,
refers to homosexuality. John Adams and others have stated that the
Constitution is for a moral people and none other. If we allow
homosexuality to be normalized, then we will be giving up our moral
clarity in exchange for a claim to freedom (in reality: licentiousness).
 We may as well claim freedom for molesting children and animals as to
use this lame expression for homosexuality. Pres Packer once taught that
we cannot use one virtue to beat up on another. Claims of freedom cannot
be used to destroy other virtues, at least not without divine
consequence. I believe the Church is standing up on this issue in many
places because it is the key to saving the Constitution for a moral
people, and for leaving it with some boundaries within which freedom can
be enjoyed.

Gary Smith

Ron Scott wrote:

> [...]

Gerald (Gary) Smith