On Nov 9, 2005, at 12:25 PM, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

I suppose you could run a separate thread that performed this
conversion in parallel with other activities.  There's a bit of a
coordination problem to make sure you're done.  It seems other
application code would need to use the old class definition until the
update was completed, but that means new references can be created
while the update is running.  So you'd need some sort of coordination
to atomically switch from old class to new class when the update was
completed.

Maybe I misunderstood.  I thought the only issue here was moving
the class to a different module.  Are you supposing that the
class implementation is also changing?