Tim Peters wrote:
Sorry, I couldn't find a comprehensible question here after reasonable
effort to extract one.  Clearly, Zope2's DateTime.DateTime.DateTime objects
are neither persistent nor do they define any mutating methods.  Are those
relevant?  If not, try to ask a question directly, without assuming everyone
has read the other 55 messages in the zope-dev thread ;-)

Sorry, my question was that if DateTime's were persistent, would the following code result in a complete pickle for 'a' being written on the second transaction commit?

a.someTime = DateTime()
get_transaction().commit()
...wait/do stuff...
a.someTime = DateTime()
...have we just committed a pickle containing all of 'a'?...

Does mixing persistence into DateTime make a difference here?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk