Dieter Maurer wrote:
Chris Withers wrote at 2007-3-16 08:45 +0000:
Is there any way an object could be invalidated without there being a non-current revision to read?

Sure (through a call to "ZODB.DB.DB.invalidate"), although usually
it is done only after the object changed.

OK. I'm still not clear on whether what you describe is a bug or simply what might happen now?

We are using it to cause objects to be flushed from all
ZODB connection caches (because we know that their "_v_" might
contain an inconsistent state).
Fortunately, we did not yet met the "loadBefore" problem you have hit.

Oh, so it's just me who's lucky? ;-)

What are the possible causes of invalidation?

A change of the object or some explicit call for invalidation.

I don't think any explicit calls are involved here...

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk