Laurence Rowe wrote:
- Should this create a new FileStorage? Or should it modify the existing FileStorage in place?

Probably create a new one (analogous to a pack). Seems safer than truncating to me.

Nah, this is working on a copy of production data, not the real thing. Disk space is an issue, so I really want to just lop stuff off the end until I get to the right time...

However its done it'll sure beat the iterate through transactions to find the offset for a particular time then dd to create a truncated copy method that I use ;-)

Have you written this up anywhere? This sounds prettymuch like exactly what I'm after...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk