Alan Runyan wrote:
We have 10 ZEO clients that are for public consumption "READ ONLY".
We have a separate ZEO client that is writing that is on a separate box.

I'd put money on the client doing the writing causing problems.
That or client side cache thrash caused by zcatalog or similar ;-)

The ZEO Server was consistently at 2% CPU.

What was the network and disk i/o like?

getting through the cache and back to pound which was then load

I'ev not had anything but bad experiences with pound myself, lvs seems a much more preferable alternative...

The customer was posting content throughout the slashdot.  The problem
was that when the clients would update they would end up through 500s

not sure what that last bit means...

   data = self.socket.recv(buffer_size)
error: (113, 'No route to host')

That *is* very odd, anything other than pound being used for load balancing or traffic shaping?

 File "/usr/local/python-2.4.4/lib/python2.4/asyncore.py", line 343, in rec
   data = self.socket.recv(buffer_size)
error: (110, 'Connection timed out')

Storage server too busy :-(

cheers,