--On 4. Mai 2007 19:58:47 +0200 Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote at 2007-5-1 11:23 +0200:
I think you are right (as always). Then let me rephrase the question:
how  can one distinguish if two transaction objects represent the same or
different transactions in such case where memory address is identical?

Why are you interested in such a distinction?

  While you must deliver the same connection in the same transaction,
  there is no harm to deliver a given connection to different transactions
  (provided their lifespans do not overlap).

You can't use one connection for concurrent transactions in different threads. Starting a transaction over the same connection would result in nested transactions instead of concurrent transactions.

-aj