On Aug 2, 2007, at 9:33 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

On Aug 2, 2007, at 7:51 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

Gary Poster wrote:
you can call cache minimize after a threshold.. maybe every 100 iterations.
sounds good, assuming you know you are not writing.

I've used this trick loads, especially for huge datastructure migrations where writing is happening. I wonder why I haven't bumped into problems?

I'm not sure what Gary was referring to. I don't think there are any problems with writing. OTOH, modified objects won't be removed from memory. Perhaps that was what he was referring to.

Yup.

Gary