On Nov 9, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Chris McDonough wrote:
BTW, it would be nice to now remove the transaction package from the ZODB trunk and make it a dependency.

Yes. ZODB's setup.py is polyglotic... it works if setuptools isn't installed. I suspect it shouldn't continue to given that it now has an external egg dependency.

I've made changes to the ZODB setup.py and I've remove the 'transaction' directory from ZODB/src. The changes also imply that setuptools is required to run setup.py, and the 'transaction' distribution is named as an install_requires dependency. Setuptools is now required to install the ZODB head. I made a tag before I did this at http://svn.zope.org/ZODB/tags/before_transaction_remove/ in case I hosed anything in the process.

- C