On Feb 25, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Dieter Maurer wrote:

Thomas Lotze wrote at 2008-2-12 11:09 +0100:
I don't think that's going to work here.  Iterating through the
transactions in the database for each iteration is going to be totally
non-scalable.

It seems to us that it would actually be the right thing to require that storages have an efficient, scalable and stateless way of accessing their transactions by ID. In the case of FileStorage, this might be achieved using an index analogous to the one mapping object IDs to file positions.

How often do you need it?
It is worse the additional index? Especially in view that a storage
may contain a very large number of transactions?

Dieter, thanks for this response. I missed this note of Thomas' the first time around. :)

I don't think this should be required.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton