Thanks for you suggestions, Alan, Roché and Dieter,

I'll switch the zeo server logging to debug level even though the amount of data is scary -- and try to find a way to reduce the load on the ZEO server (Roché).

I think you (Alan and Dieter) might be right that there could be a network issue that gets triggered during high load. We don't have any apparent package filtering rules. Maybe having a closer look with tcpdump/wireshark could reveal something.

I'll keep you posted.

While we are working on getting to the root of this, isn't there a way to set a timeout on the client side, so it wont wait forever for a response that are lost in the mail?

Thanks again,

Anton