On 18/10/12 03:29, Tim Godfrey wrote:
Hi all

We have a customer on Plone 4.1 and recently we started to see a great increase in the number of open file descriptors the Zeoserver process uses.

We have a pretty big system distributed over many servers as the Plone system gets a lot of requests. Currently we are running a Zeoserver with 30 storages and have 16 Zope clients that connect to it.

I've had Zeoserver in debug mode to try and get some more insight into the problem and I'm seeing a lot of these errors:

Exception in thread Thread-575:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/informa/Python-2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
File "/opt/informa/Python-2.6/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/opt/informa/buildout-cache/eggs/ZODB3-3.10.3-py2.6-linux-x86_64.egg/ZEO/zrpc/connection.py", line 661, in server_loop
    asyncore.poll(30.0, map)
File "/opt/informa/Python-2.6/lib/python2.6/asyncore.py", line 140, in poll
    r, w, e = select.select(r, w, e, timeout)
ValueError: filedescriptor out of range in select()

if the server_loop function in connection.py was changed to call asyncore.poll2 as far as I can tell the descriptor out of range
should go away as it uses the poll call rather than select.

Jon