[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
If we want any form of internal consistency, wouldn't we also need to change were we assign datalink names from zonecfg to dladm?

Thus no more 'net' resource in zonecfg for exclusive-IP zones, but instead some
    dladm set-zone zoneA bge1

Only having dladm show it, and not be able to affect it, seems quite inconsistent.

As Dan pointed out, there are already other commands such as
ifconfig(1M) and mount(1M) which manipulate or observe resources
assigned to a zones so using dladm(1M) wouldn't be that inconsistent.

Yes, but those provide for manipulation (aka change) and observability in the same place.

> Rather than waiting for the "info" command, what about
> introducing a "-o <format>" option instead where "datalinks" or
> something like that can be used to indicate you wish to select the data
> links of each zone as the information to be printed?

Wouldn't this set a precedent that other things be available as -o?
E.g. -o uuid, -o brand, ...

Only introducing '-o datalinks' and never introducing any other -o specifiers bit instead moveingto an info subcommand for subsequent ones seems odd.

If you commit to adding other -o specifiers in short order, then I can see the benefit of introducing '-o datalinks' as part of IP Instances. If not, then this seems like a dead end to me.

   Erik