On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >Many thanks for answering my question.  Hopefully my noisy X4200
> >will be installed in the data centre tomorrow (Thursday); I had
> >a set back today while fighting with the Remote Console feature
> >of ILOM 1.1.1 (i.e., it doesn't work).  :-(
>
> Just ssh into it and use the serial console from within SSH.

That's how I usually use the console on the X4200.  However, that
arrangement doesn't work when one wants to (re)install Solaris.
Unless there's a way of telling the installer to use the serial
console while booting from DVD, rather than using the GUI?

--
Rich Teer, SCSA, SCNA, SCSECA, OpenSolaris CAB member

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638