We just discussed this issue eariler this week:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=113094#113094

Rayson

On 4/27/07, Sean Parkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Good Afternoon all...

We support a fairly large environment where I work, and will be seeing quite a
bit more zones in the future. Unfortunately not everyone works to stand up
every project's servers, so many of us admins will be working to administer
something that we might not know is a zone.

Is there a way to tell, after logging in and SU-ing to root, if you're in a
zone, and if so, what the name of the global zone/host server is, so that if
there is a hardware issue you know exactly which box to log into and
troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Sean