Since this seems to be a common question that has shown up on this list from time to time, I have added our method to our Solaris Zone RunBook which is free and posted it at:

http://www.logiqwest.com/dataCenter/Demos/RunBooks/Zones/listingGlobal.html

Hope this helps till Sun finally puts a real command in the OS.

Remco Fugers wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to find out to which global zone
a zone is related.  (And not from Globalzone point of view!)

It might happen (as a sysadmin) that you login to a zone but you need to perform maintenance in the global zone ( i.e. Veritas VM -stuff).

Thanks in advance

Remco

Michael Barto
Software Architect

LogiQwest Circle
LogiQwest Inc.
16458 Bolsa Chica Street, # 15
Huntington Beach, CA  92649
http://www.logiqwest.com/

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel:  714 377 3705
Fax: 714 840 3937
Cell: 714 883 1949

'tis a gift to be simple
This e-mail may contain LogiQwest proprietary information and should be treated as confidential.