Crambit Team wrote:
> Hi all,
> I need to move two zones to a 2 different systems as global zone. In one
> of them I have Oracle.
> My questions are:
>
> 1) What is the best way to do so?
what Solaris release are you on?
If it's the Solaris 10 updates, then best to have both systems in sync in terms
of patches
+ packages really. After that then, zoneadm detach/attach are your best bet.
> 2) From the zone that has Oracle is there anything I have to be aware of
> when I move it?
ah yes Oracle, well how are you managing the migration of the Oracle datafiles
and so on,
I assume you probably have some storage available to the zone via zonecfg add
device etc?

I assume memory etc on the new system is sufficient for Oracle.

In general moving an app like an Oracle DB, would require large amounts of
testing, so
that things like performance don't take a nosedive.
In my experience with Oracle, moving from one system to another can induce
performance
issues with respect to how say access is configured to storage on the new
system, or say
how a later OS release might impact on the current optimised database, ie if
your database
is highly optimised with respect to one system, it might take some time to get
it to say
level on a later OS update etc.
Very hard to tell with Oracle, so I'd strongly suggest trying to setup a test
zone on
target system and replicate the DB to this, in order to test performance etc
beforehand.

Enda