Steffen Weiberle wrote:
I have been doing all on Solaris next testing using Nevada, as all the tools I know work, and my understanding of installation and configuration applies to that as well as Solaris 10. Now I am playing with 2009.06 and some 'simple' things don't work as expected. I couldn't copy a sysidcfg file into <zonepath>/root/etc/ as that is no longer mounted after an install. The 'correct' operation is to detach a newly created zone, copy the file in, and attach. I was surprised how long the attach took! Scripts will definitely have to change.

This is tracked as:

3979 zone fs only available from Global zone, when zone is booted

You can ready the zone to workaround this for now.

Jerry