Le 5 juin 09 à 04:45, Edward Pilatowicz a écrit :

The difference between Solaris 10 and OpenSolaris is that, on Solaris 10 by using the "create" would automatically inherit all the 4 directories mentioned above, and by using "create -b" would create a "whole-root" zone. On OpenSolaris, however, by using "create" (without the -b option) would be creating whole-root zones as it does not inherit any directories from the global zones. It would be nice also if you could explain what is the rationale behind this difference. Thanks!

the reason for the difference is that SRV4 packaging is very different
from ipkg.  Solaris 10 is based of SRV4 packaging and opensolaris is
based off of ipkg. ipkg will enable us to do lots of things we couldn't
with SRV4 packaging.  one of the things we will be able to do is have
different contents installed in the global zone and non-global zones.
hence inherit-pkg-dir doesn't make a whole lot of sense in this context.

ipkg seems to be a great advanced techno.

Anyway, it's incredible to remove the inherit-pkg facility.

inherit-pkg-dir has a lot of sense in many users context !
I really can't understand how somebody could have validated this : "hey ipkg great thing, sparse-zone bad thing...let's remove this".
Where is the team who create the zone concept here ?

Where is the thread I missed where this great feature suppression was discussed ? Is there only developpers on board ?

Nicolas