On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 04:55:21 +0100, Tristan Ball
<tristan.b...@leica-microsystems.com> wrote:

> I've got a Opensolaris snv_129 VM with which I'm playing around with
> zones.. Initially everything was fine, however since my initial install
> the opensolaris dev repository has updated to release 130, and now I
> can't install new zones, I get:
>
> t...@osol-test:~#  zoneadm -z z1 install
> A ZFS file system has been created for this zone.
>     Publisher: Using opensolaris.org (http://pkg.opensolaris.org/dev/ ).
>         Image: Preparing at /data/zones/z1/root.
>         Cache: Using /var/pkg/download.
> Sanity Check: Looking for 'entire' incorporation.
> ERROR: Unable to locate the incorporation
> 'ent...@0.5.11,5.11-0.129:20091205T134302Z' in the preferred publisher
> 'opensolaris.org'.
> Use -P to supply a publisher which contains this package.
>
> It looks like the zone install process only gathers information on the
> latest version of each package?
>
> t...@osol-test:~# pkg -R /data/zones/z1/root list -a |grep -i entire
> entire                                        0.5.11-0.130    known
> -----
>

> Is there some way to tell zoneadm install to install a specific dev
> release, in this case 129?  Actually, it looks like zoneadm is trying to

maybe there is a specific repo for dev build versions, but I'm not aware of any,
perhaps you may want to ask on the IPS or on-discuss alias for it

> install that release, but the defaults on the pkg tools it uses to do
> the install is "hiding" the availability of 129 on the dev package
> servers. Is there a way around this?
>
> I realise that I could upgrade my global zone to 130, but I'd really
> like to have the option of picking a given release and sticking with it
> for longer than the dev version release cycles!

the non-global zone runs the native OS of the global zone
(except for branded zones like solaris10(5) branded zone) which is
in your case 129. however since your publisher defaults to the dev repo, zone
install will
pick up 130 which is current for the dev repo. so you have to update the global
zone
to run 130 before you can run 130 in the on-global zone.

for possible issues with 130, refer to:
http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=120631

hth
frankB