I am away from home and om mobie device so i'll make it short.

This work fine if you don't ever put the zoneroot on vxfs, if you do you will not be able to use all upgrade options and the Veritas supplied scripts for live upgrade only works with a vanilla install (no separate LUN for zones etc)

Someone mentioned that not all packages was present in the local zone, I think that most of the VRTS packages (or to many at least) has PKG_ALLZONES set to to, so they must be installed on all zones(to have a supported system)

I might be off target, it's late and I'm not supposed to do this on my vaccation;)

Henrik
http://sparcv9.blogspot.com