carlopmart wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 10:08 PM, "Hung-Sheng Tsao (Lao Tsao 老曹) Ph.D." wrote:
>> may be you need a defrouter
>>

> I have setup default router using route (-p) command on zone system.

Yes; that much was obvious from the "netstat -nr" output that you'd
originally included.  I don't know what that previous poster was on about.

> Do
> you refer to setup defroter under xml config zone's file?? maybe, but
> Can I do this using exclude as a ip-type option??
>
> And I see something strange. If I put vnic on zone system in promiscous
> mode (using snoop), all works ok. Strange??

That sounds like a system bug.  For some reason, the Ethernet interface
is not properly receiving packets for the second MAC address that you've
configured.  That's something that should just be automatic, and the
apparent fact that it's not doing that is a bug.

Since this zone and the global zone are on the same subnet, one possible
option here is to go with shared IP stack rather than exclusive.

Or, as another possible work-around, you could put that interface into
promiscuous mode at a pretty low level by configuring bridging and
adding the global zone's interface to a bridge.

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carls...@workingcode.com>