On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Ian Collins <i...@ianshome.com> wrote:

>  On 09/30/11 03:01 AM, Edward Pilatowicz wrote:

>>> OK, thanks Ed.
>>>
>>> I thought the original ARC case for PRIV_SYS_SHARE would have enabled
>>> both?
>>>
>>>  it's not just a matter of enabling privs.  there was a lot of work that
>> when into enabling nfs that would also have to be done for smb.
>>
>>  Fair enough.  Although I was really looking forward to dropping Samba!

The general rule is "convince product management that there is a business
reason to invest the engineer(s) and it will get done."

I hope that someday zones can be CIFS servers. In the mean time, the global
zone can be a CIFS server. That means you can implement stable, scalable
CIFS servers - if you use Solaris! ;-)

--JeffV