On Sat 11 Feb 2012 at 03:06PM, gerard henry wrote:
> i exactly have the same problem, but "detach; attach -u" didn't solve it
>
> But it seems that the attach -u doesn't upgrade, according to the messages:
> # zoneadm -z www attach -u
> Log File: /var/tmp/www.attach_log.LGaqKg
>                Attach Path: /zones/www/root
>         Attach ZFS Dataset: rpool/zones/www/ROOT/zbe-4
>
>                 Installing: Using pre-existing data in zonepath
>        Global zone version: entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.0.1:20101105T054056Z
>    Non-Global zone version: entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.0.1:20101105T054056Z
>                      Cache: Using /var/pkg/publisher.
>   Updating non-global zone: Output follows
> No updates necessary for this image.
>
>   Updating non-global zone: Zone updated.
>                     Result: Attach Succeeded.
>
> after the system has booted with:
> SunOS Release 5.11 Version 151.0.1.12 64-bit
>

> I don't understand what you said with "pkg -R ... image-update" ?
>
> thanks in advance for help,

It looks to me like you didn't follow the steps to update software in
the global zone from Solaris 11 Express to Solaris first.  The procedure
for that is at:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23824_01/html/E23811/glpgv.html#glpcn

After that, you can detach the zones, run dsconvert on them (see
/usr/lib/brand/shared/README.dsconvert after booting Solaris 11), then
attach them.  Once you are on Solaris 11, the "linked images" feature
of the packaging system will keep your global zone software and
non-global zone software in sync.  That is, you won't have to detach and
attach -u zones every time you update the global zone.

--
Mike Gerdts
Solaris Core OS / Zones                 http://blogs.oracle.com/zoneszone/