There are ways to "dynamically" update the cluster membership today, granted while they are dynamic they are not dynamic in the sense of 107: http://bit.ly/bTTdDK (see item 6)

107 is still pending. Henry was interested to implement this, I'm not sure his current status. Henry? I think this is a good feature to add, but it brings up a number of issues that we need to work through. Given that most ppl rarely change cluster membership, and the fact that there are options available today, there hasn't been a lot of demand for this.

Patrick

Hariharan Subramanian wrote:
Dear Zookeeper community,

I would like to know the status of issue ZOOKEEPER-107  (Allow dynamic
changes to server cluster membership) which is assigned to Henry Robinson

Is this the right forum to ask this question or should I post an update to
the bug report?

Thanks
-- Hari