I agree with Ben here.
I think we do need sometime to get more bodies contributing to the ZooKeeper
codebase. Being a subproject of Hadoop gives us quite a few benefits like
branding/discoverability (as Pat mentioned). These benefits are important to
us given our small developer base and the limited amount we can spend on
evangelizing ZooKeeper.

 Being a TLP in the near future would be good goal to have but for now, I
would like to see  a more diverse community before we move to a TLP.

Thanks
mahadev