From: Patrick Hunt [mailto:ph...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:45 PM
To: zookeeper-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Fix release 3.3.2 planning, status.

Looking at the JIRA queue for 3.3.2 I see that there are two blockers, one
is currently PA and the other is pretty close (it has a patch that should go
in soon).

There are a few JIRAs that already went into the branch that are important
to get out there ASAP, esp ZOOKEEPER-846 (fix close issue found by hbase).

One issue that's been slowing us down is hudson. The trunk was not passing
it's hudson validation, which was causing a slow down in patch review.
Mahadev and I fixed this. However with recent changes to the hudson
hw/security environment the patch testing process (automated) is broken.
Giri is working on this. In the mean time we'll have to test ourselves.
Committers -- be sure to verify RAT, Findbugs, etc... in addition to
verifying via test. I've setup an additional Hudson environment inside
Cloudera that also verifies the trunk/branch. If issues are found I will
report them (unfortunately I can't provide access to cloudera's hudson env
to non-cloudera employees at this time).

I'd like to clear out the PAs asap and get a release candidate built. Anyone
see a problem with shooting for an RC mid next week?

Patrick