Hiram Chirino wrote:
Knowing about a disconnection may be important to some apps.  For
example if an app uses ZK for leader election, and the leader gets
disconnected from ZK, he should give up being the leader, since a
different leader may get elected while he is disconnected from ZK.

Is that necessarily true?

My assumption is the following - if I'm connected to multiple ZK servers, then assuming the leader election recipe given in the docs, the leader needs to only demote itself if its session expires. Of course, doing the same on disconnect does not violate safety, it just seems too pessimistic. In the case of followers, a disconnected event would mean that they will have to wait for reconnection before being able to determine if one of them should in fact be the leader.