One thing missing from the list is that you need to have myid files on each server that correspond to the servers id (specified in the conf file).
http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/current/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup

You'd have a config on each system that looks something like:
tickTime=2000
dataDir=/var/zookeeper/
clientPort=2181
initLimit=10
syncLimit=5
server.1=zoo1.com:2888:3888
server.2=zoo2.com:2888:3888
server.3=zoo3.com:2888:3888

"You attribute the server id to each machine by creating a file named myid, one for each server, which resides in that server's data directory, as specified by the configuration file parameter dataDir. The myid file consists of a single line containing only the text of that machine's id. So myid of server 1 would contain the text "1" and nothing else. The id must be unique within the ensemble and should have a value between 1 and 255."

My ZK ensemble configuration generator may be a help to you: http://bit.ly/mBEcF (if any thing as an example of what the configuration/structure should generally look like, also an easy way to test locally before trying to deploy to remote systems)

Patrick

Henry Robinson wrote:
Nearly! 1+2 are correct, but you also need to start ZooKeeper on all three
instances with bin/zkServer.sh start.

Henry

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM, Something Something <