The primary reason is testing. Secondly there just hasn't been much (any really) interest in win32 for production, it's not used on that platform and confidence is low as a result. We'd need to find one or more users/developers that are interested in testing and fixing any issues found on win32 (this would include one or more of the; java server, java client, c client components), preferably someone who's actively using win32/zk in production. Interested?

Patrick

ps there's also the issue of cygwin vs native win32. I'm assuming that if you want to run win32 in production you want native.

Jiro Iwamoto wrote:
Hi there.

I'm investigating "zookeeper" on win32.
I read that zookeeper is only usable on win32 development platform but
not production platform in this page.

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.2.2/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_systemReq

Why cannot zookeeper use on win32 production platform?
Zookeeper is not tested well in win32?

Please tell me why.

thanks.